THE NINE THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT AUTUMN!
“Autumn leaves are falling, filling up the streets; golden colours on the lawn, nature’s trick or treat!”
Its officially the start of Autumn (22nd September) and we’re full embracing those autumnal vibes in this blog with our top NINE things we just love about Autumn!
We have to say, these are in no particular order of course and you may have different ideas about what autumn means to you! We would love you to share these with us on our social channels.
OUR TOP NINE THINGS;
- Digging out the Knitwear – there’s no better time to get all warm and snuggly with your favourite jumper or cardy or shop the latest looks for the autumn season. There’s just something so comforting about it that makes it difficult for us to resist.
- PSL …. The Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back in full force and we cannot get enough of them. Whether you’re making your own or heading to your local coffee shop there’s no escaping them and why would you want to?
- Crunchy leaves underfoot and all around – A great opportunity to celebrate the beauty of nature. Everything looks stunning in autumn with so many reds, golden-yellows and browns. It is a real chance to celebrate how beautiful the outdoors becomes.
- Extra sleep…. The clocks go back at some point in autumn and we get one whole extra hour in bed, bliss! Unless you have young children (good luck with that one). Also, the weather is usually cooler, and it gets darker fast, prompting one to snuggle into warm clothing and fuzzy socks and prepare hot chocolate.
- Halloween & Bonfire night – Time for a good scare, free sweets and dressing up in your favourite spooky costume, a laugh and giggle with friends and family. Not forgetting heading to the cinema to watch the horror movies you’ve been waiting for all year (or two years in the current situation).
- Much better TV – The Great British Bake Off, Strictly and I’m a Celebrity are back on our screens… need we say more!
- Conkers! The ultimate British past time. Getting wrapped up and heading to that secret tree that produces the biggest and best conkers and the fighting it out with your friends and family to see who reigns victorious.
- Homecooked comfort food – a time to bring out the slow cookers and trial some new recipes or stick to the ole faithful soups and stews for a hearty meal.
- The start of the build up to Christmas– the planning begins, the excitement starts to bubble and the anticipation to this major holiday is firmly part of the Autumn season.
Everyone has their own ideas on what is best about this wonderful season but it’s safe to say there really is something to look forward to in Autumn. So, say your farewells to summer, long daytime hours that are tiring, sweaty arms and sunburn and wave in the Autumn months presenting an opportunity to gaze out at the world as it changes around you.